Friday, August 23, 2013

1st Biopsy results - Aug 23

August 23 - Diagnosis of Biopsy on collar bone

Hello everyone,
Well, I have been to the doctor today to receive the results of my 1st biopsy.  This one was on the collar bone.  The diagnosis is "Plasmacytoma".  This is a malignant plasma cell tumor growing within soft tissue or within the axial skeleton.  In my case it is in the axial skeleton.   The doctor also believes that the lesion on the T12 vertebra is the same thing.  That changes the diagnosis to "multiple myeloma"  only because it is in multiple locations.

I am scheduled to see a radiology oncologist next week.  This will be the start of radiation therapy on the collar bone tumor.  No mention yet of any treatment on the T12 lesion.

Survival rate is very, very good so it is an answer to prayer.  Thanks you, Lord, for this diagnosis!
So we have pretty much got a diagnosis on 1/2 of the tumors.

Now, for the other half. 

The doctor said that the reason he did the collar bone biopsy first is that it was least invasive and he thought it would show it was metastatic lung cancer.  But it isn't so.....   He said it was really strange.  I explained to him that any time there was something strange that it would happen to me. 

He has scheduled a biopsy of the mass in my left lung and a biopsy of the lesion in my left hip (along with a bone marrow biopsy taken from the left hip) for September 3 at 8:00 am.  I will not go back to get those results until September 9 at 10:45 am.


* * * * * * * * * * * *

Some good news.....
I found out that I can change my health insurance coverage at any time and do not have to wait until January to make the change.   This means that when this job is over that we will be able to go back to Oklahoma and do my treatments there near our family.  Don't know yet just where that will be but am really happy to learn that. 

It's not that we don't love our church family in Tennessee but we want to be near our family that includes siblings, children, grandchildren and even great-grandchildren.  We have not had the opportunity to be with them very much since we have been working out of state for the past 4 years and it will be a great opportunity to get to make up for some of that time.

God is so good.  I guess some times he has to allow us to have life changing moments to make us stop and take a good look at our life.  We really look forward to being back with our family within the next two or three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment