Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Appointment with Radiation Oncologist

Appointment with Doctor tomorrow.

I have an appointment with a Dr. Kelley tomorrow, August 27, at 10:00 am, to talk about starting the radiation therapy on my collar bone.  .  His office is in the UT Hospital building.

Don't think I get any treatment then but am open to getting started as soon as possible. 


I have worked all day today on our website for our wooden toys.  It not only keeps me busy so I don't worry but when it is completed we hope to use it as a way of making a little spending money.  If anyone wants to check it out it is:  www.travelingtoymaker.com.  It is a work in progress but you can see some of the toys that we make.

We have met some great people here in Eastern Tennessee and have gotten a lot of new patterns for things we have not made before.  It is exciting to be able to visit with people about toys and games they have had around for a long time that are actually new to us.

We also got Keith's TV controller working now so he can watch TV and be able to hear it through Bluetooth capability directly into his hearing aids.  The best part is that I don't have to listen to it at all.  I can mute the TV or turn it to a sound that is pleasing to me instead of being blasted out of the room or not being able to hear it at all because he is just watching the action. 

And he has another devise that lets him hear on his Smartphone.  What a blessing that he is able to make some of those phone calls and visit with people.  He has been so cut off because of his hearing loss.  The Lord has surely blessed us with finding this new audiologist and these new hearing aids.

Isn't God Great!  I will praise Him in all things.  

Please pray for our son, Robert's, mother in law Joyce Slater.  She had surgery on Friday and on Sunday he called to say she was not doing well and was being put on a ventilator.  We just pray that the Lord will touch her and help the family to know He is at work.

All in All a great day.  Hope yours has been as good.  Will update again late in the afternoon tomorrow after I get to visit with Dr. Kelley.

Love to all,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment