Saturday, August 16, 2014

Good news and More bad news

GOOD NEWS! 
Praise the Lord!  The blood tests show that there is no more multiple myeloma.  The prayers and the transplant worked.

BAD NEWS:
I had blood drawn (again) and now not only my red cells are dropping but also my white cells and my platelets.  I got a blood transfusion (two units) and I feel better and have a little more energy but the news from my doctor was not good.

She is very concerned that there is still another type of cancer in my body since all the blood counts are dropping.  She has scheduled a PET Scan (a nuclear body scan) to check for cancer and a bone marrow biopsy to check for a bone or blood cancer (like lymphoma).  She also said that if it's not cancer there is the possibility that my spleen is "eating" my blood.   Either one means a lot more medical treatment.

She was ready to release me to go back to work until this all started.  We even had a job lined up to start early September.  Now, she will not release me until we find out what is causing all these problems.

Ten months without a job plus all the added expenses for medical and being in Oklahoma for the treatments has caused a lot of financial stress.   My youngest brother has started a FundRazer account for us to help offset some of the finance stress.  He suggested that I post the links here.  We would appreciate you sharing this with your social media accounts. 

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/0qSF8/em/43t6ce?utm_campaign=share-campaign&utm_medium=email&utm_source=08-2014

My PET test is Tuesday and when I get my results will let you know what we find out.  Please keep praying for us.  That is all that will get us through this.

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment